We are an affiliate
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, we may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page, at no extra cost for the buyer. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!
Magnasonic is a tech company founded in 1954.
They have products in many categories such as alarm clocks, audio & video devices and many more.
They have also developed ultrasonic jewelry cleaners, which are popular in the clean jewelry at home niche.
|Model||Photo||Review||Tank volume||Digital timer|
|MGUC500||Best for jewelry||20 oz /
|Yes||Check current price|
|CD2800||20 oz /
|No||Check current price|
|UC21||Best for dentures||7 oz /
|No||Check current price|
Magnasonic has 3 models under this cleaner category.
- MGUC500 Professional Ultrasonic Jewelry and Eyeglass Cleaner
- CD2800 Professional Ultrasonic Jewelry & Eyeglass Cleaner
- UC21 Ultrasonic Dental & Jewelry Cleaner
In this review, we take a close look at these models and make a side by side comparison.
MGUC500 Professional Ultrasonic Jewelry and Eyeglass Cleaner
MGUC500 is top member of the ultrasonic cleaners for home use.
With this model, you can clean:
- Jewelry: Necklaces, Bracelets, Rings, Earrings, etc.
- Glasses and Watches: Glasses, Sunglasses, Watches, Watchbands, etc.
- Hygiene Items: Combs, Electric Shaver Heads, Toothbrushes, Dentures, Razor Blades, etc.
- Stationery: Pen-Heads, Printer-Heads, Seals, Rubber Stamps, etc.
- Metal Items: Watch Parts, Coins, Key chains, Valves, Machine Nozzles, Badges, etc.
- Metal Utensils: Metal Dishware and Kitchen Utensils.
Magnasonic MGUC500 only needs tap water to clean your jewelry and other items.
But for dirty pieces, you can add 5-10 ml of mild dish soap or use commercial solution concentrates.
MGUC500 gets the job done thanks to its 42,000 Hz ultrasonic waves.
These high frequency waves creates oscillations and bubbles which loosen dirt and oil stuck on your jewelry.
For more information on how an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner works, you can check this post.
Some devices might be difficult to use but not this one!
Using MGUC500 is very easy: you can control the cleaning session with the 5 presets.
The digital timer has programmed sessions of 90, 180, 280, 380, 480 seconds.
All you have to do is choose one and start the cleaner.
- Glasses/Sunglasses with scratches or cracks
- Antique jewelry
- Jewelry with loose stones
- Jewelry with soft/porous stones like pearls, emeralds, amber and opal
- Tarnished silver/sterling silver
In doubt, don’t refrain from consulting your local jeweler. Always act with certainty.
This model also tops our best ultrasonic jewelry cleaners post.
CD2800 Professional Ultrasonic Jewelry & Eyeglass Cleaner
CD2800 is very similar to Magnasonic MGUC500, which we have seen above.
It cleans the same types of items with its 42,000 Hz ultrasonic waves.
But, it lacks the digital timer with the 5 presets.
It only has one single preset which is 3 minutes long.
UC21 Ultrasonic Dental & Jewelry Cleaner
The UC21 is the compact member of the Magnasonic jewelry cleaners.
With this model, you can clean a wide variety of items:
- Hygiene Items – electric shaver heads, toothbrushes, dentures, razor blades
- Jewelry – necklaces, bracelets, rings, earrings, body jewelry
- Watches – waterproof watches, watchbands
- Stationary – pen-heads, seals, rubber stamps
- Silver items that have tarnish (see special instructions on page 7 of the manual)
- Other Items – tools, watch parts, coins, key-chains, valves, machine nozzles, badges, instruments, filters, and kitchen utensils
It has a tank volume of 220 ml.
Thus it offers enough space for your eyeglasses, mouth guards, jewelry, shaver heads and other items.
You can easily fill this tank with tap water and you are set to go.
UC21 produces ultrasonic waves of 36-40 kHz.
Although, its frequencies are lower than the previous two models, they are enough to create oscillations and a gazillion of bubbles which will loosen oil and dirt from your pieces.
The UC21 has only one cleaning cycle of 5 minutes.
All you’ll have to do is press a button and come back after 5 minutes to get your pieces clean and shiny.
Note that this model does not come with a jewelry tray.
Unfortunately, you’ll have to buy it separately.
It has a cable length of 61 inches.
The verdict: Is it MGUC500 or UC21?
MGUC500 is the most talented ultrasonic cleaner and it clearly leads the pack.
It offers a large tank: very good for cleaning many items.
It also produces higher frequency waves than the UC21.
MGUC500 also has a digital timer with 5 presets which always comes in handy.
When we add up all these advantages, we can’t really see any good reason to choose the CD2800.
Because, it lacks the digital timer and presets.
But there might be a case where you’d like to pick the small UC21 ultrasonic cleaner.
If you are looking for a ultrasonic cleaner mainly for dentures, pen heads and watch bands, then UC21 can be chosen over MGUC500.
So, if you aim to clean lots jewelry pieces MGUC500 is your winner.
But if you want to clean eyeglasses, mouth pieces and other non-jewelry pieces, and only clean occasionally few jewelry pieces, then UC21 might be a better choice with its smaller size.